Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Reading

I had dinner with Stacy the other night for a friend's birthday (great little place Chez Luis, in New Canaan) and we decided that I should recommend some books for summer reading. Summer can be the best time of year for reading and personally I love big, fat beach reads! I have a few like that but I also have read some lately that aren't fat but they are good. So here goes:
GODCHILDREN by Nicholas Coleridge is a classic beach read spanning 40 years. It is full of glamorous society types and it is pure fun. Some may call it trashy but it's the kind of summer book that I love.

SHELTER ME by Juliette Fay was a good read. I have to admit it was not my favorite but I have to put it in because so many of my friends loved it. It is a family tragedy but full of tender moments that touched a lot of women I spoke to.It is pretty fat too but a quick read!

HAPPENS EVERYDAY by Isabel Gillies was a book that really stayed with me.Beautiful Isabel is a actress and New Yorker who married a gorgeous professor moved to Oberlin College, loved her perfect life AND HE LEFT HER! I could not put this down. If you ever watch Law and Order she was one of the actresses on the show. It is a true life story of the end of a marriage.

Happy reading! And Happy Summer! Lee Breene

No comments: