Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Hamptons Where To Stay

The question of the week.  Where should I stay in The Hamptons?  Well, that all depends on what's most important to you.

If you like to wake up on the ocean, there  are a number of choices, be forewarned  there are no Four Seasons or Ritz Carltons here. The rooms , in my opinion are adequate, and like I said they are on the ocean.  These are in Amagansett or if want to be technical Napeague , which is the stretch of land between Amagansett and Montauk.   If the weather is good, it doesn't matter what you room looks like because you will be on the beach all day.

Hermitage

Ocean Colony

Windward Shores

Sea Crest

A little further down 27 East toward Montauk. I would suggest.

Gurney's -  You can get a great a massage there.

Panaromic-

Ocean Beach- This has an indoor pool.

If you like more of a resort, stay at the Montauk Yacht Club.  Lots of activities and a large marina.  Plus endless people watching.

Now for my shoppers.  East Hampton is a mecca.  For me ,I always drive the long way, just to go through town. East Hampton is one of the prettiest places to spend your money.   For those of you who like to wake up, slide on a pair of sandals and shop, I suggest staying right in town.

My top choices would be

1770 House

Maidstone

The Baker House

Last but not least. The nicest place to stay, is

East Hampton Point-  Stay in the newly renovated Palmer House.  The beds are so comfortable,  they will give you a beach pass, there is a fabulous restaurant on premises, that has gourmet and casual dining, there is a Sunday brunch, and if you are  here on Sunday evening don't miss Reggae night.  You never know, if you mention my name, you might even get a discount.

No comments: