Friday, August 7, 2009

PCM=Please Call Me

My son, Alexander is off to college in 2 weeks.  Do I really think he is going to answer his cell phone.  He hardly answers now.  I thought I would brush up on my texting lingo.  I am not alone in this endeavour.  The Wall Street Journal published this list just the other day.

A sampling of some popular shorthand texting terms.

  • UG2BK . . . . . . . You got to be kidding
  • GBTW. . . . . . . . Get back to work
  • NMP . . . . . . . . . Not my problem
  • PIR . . . . . . . . . . Parent in room
  • GFTD. . . . . . . . . Gone for the day
  • FYEO. . . . . . . . . For your eyes only
  • BI5 . . . . . . . . . . Back in five minutes
  • DEGT . . . . . . . . Don’t even go there
  • BIL . . . . . Boss is listening
  • PAW. . . . Parents are watching
  • 99 . . . . . . Parents are no longer watching
  • PCM . . . . Please call me
  • IMS. . . . . I am sorry
  • TOY. . . . . Thinking of you
  • KUTGW. . Keep up the good work
  • CID . . . . . Consider it done
  • FWIW. . . For what it’s worth
  • HAND . . . Have a nice day
  • IAT . . . . . I am tired
  • NRN . . . . No response necessary
  • 4COL. . . . For crying out loud
  • WRUD. . . What are you doing
  • LMIRL. . . Let’s meet in real life
  • ^5 . . . . . . High five

 

No comments: