Monday, February 8, 2010

Classic New Orleans Picks

Are you thinking about going to New Orleans? Of course you are.  With the Saints winning the Superbowl and Mardi Gras happening next week, don't tell me you haven't thought about it.

Last week I was away on a cruise on the Sea Dream Yacht Club, where I met The McDonald's.  They were from New Orleans.  We got to talking about one of my favorite topics...food.  I asked them  about all the restaurants in New Orleans  and the of course told me.  Did I mention we were on a cruise which meant I might have had a drink or two.  Thankfully, Chavanne wrote out the entire list  including what to order where so I can share it with you.


Clancy's Uptown- Amunciation Street-fried oysters with brie
Commander's Palace-Washington Ave-turtle soup, pecan crusted gulf fish, shrimp henican
Irene's -Chartres St-Soft shell crabs, lamb, oyster appetizer
Port Of Call-Esplande Ave-hamburgers, monsoon drinks, great for lunch
Restaurant August or Cochon -both won the James Beard award-the oscar of the food world
Pascale Manale-Napoleon Ave-BBQ Shrimp
Galatoires-Bourbon St-oysters en brochette, pompano,trout or soft shell crab Meunière Amandine or ponchatrain, oysters rockefeller, shrimps remoulade
Casamentos-Magazine St- raw oysters!!!
Central Grocery-French Quarter on Decatur- Muffelettas


Bars- Carousel Bar at Monteleone Hotel, The Columns Hotel, Dos Jefes Cigar Bar,Hermes Bar at Antoines Restaurant, Pat O'Briens

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Stacy,
Chavanne just sent me a link to your blog. I love the post about New Orleans, and I'm thrilled you shared our top picks! Please let us know whenever y'all come in town. Hope all is well!

Jay