I crave this yogurt all of the time. The first thing you must do is stir it very fast with a spoon. At first, there is an unappetizing, milky liquid that is on the top…just mix it up and it will turn so creamy.
Here are some facts about yogurt and why it is so damned good for you.
- It supports the good bacteria in your body. I know it is hard to believe that bacteria can be good, but it’s true. There is live bacteria in yogurt. It helps us with digestion and it helps fight bad bacteria in our bodies. When you are very sick and need to go on antibiotics, eat this yogurt. It will keep your immune system strong. Antibiotics are very strong and weaken the immune system. It can help with an upset stomach, prevent diarrhea and yeast infections.
- Good for bones! The obvious reason is that it is pure white yummy calcium. One 8 ounce container has more calcium than an 8 ounce of milk. It also has more potassium than a banana, and the same amount of protein as an egg!
- The 2 percent fat choice is as creamy and delicious as the 0 percent. I really can’t tell the difference.
- If you are into giving your pet “human food”, yogurt can be good for them too.
TRY ADDING THESE INGREDIENTS TO YOUR FAGE
- Agave nectar or honey…I love agave nectar. It is sweeter than honey and you need less.
- Any toasted nuts. Pecans are my favorite.
- Granola…not the sweet cereal box kind (too much sugar). Get your granola from one of those bins at a health food market. You will find many different kinds. I love hemp granola. Maple flavor is excellent too.
- Jams or preserves…fruit butters are a good idea.
- Fresh berries or bananas
- Crushed pieces of candied ginger! Incredible!
- Fage also comes with its own flavors: honey, blueberry, strawberry and peach..love!
HERE ARE SOME BEAUTY TREATMENTS YOU CAN DO WITH YOGURT (these little recipes might sound a bit like a 70′s throwback teen magazine, but if you are moved to try, why not.)
- MASK: Mix yogurt, about 2 tablespoons of pulpy orange juice and a tad of aloe vera. Mix and apply to face. Leave on for about 15 mins. Rinse.
- EXFOLIANT: Mix yogurt with about 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of honey. Use this as an exfoliant.
- SUNBURN REMEDY: If you have a sunburn, yogurt can be very cooling and healing.
Thanks for the guest post!
Meet My New Friend Ricka B.....Ricka has been a trainer for over 15 years. It is an ever changing dynamic journey that she loves to share with her clients.
She started in Mill Valley, Ca in a small exclusive gym. Most of her work was one on one personal training. After being at the gym, the owner decided to open another type of studio. This studio would be a new concept to the exercise world. It was called Spinning. Spinning took off like lightening. She loved teaching it...the music the energy..awesome!!! Ricka started to take her clients outside to mix things up. She taught them how to use nature as a gym. I also taught some of my clients how to run the trails and mountains. Ricka realized that working out in a gym was just a small element of the bigger picture. Each day was a new experience for her and her clients. One day would be a spin class and mat work, the next day could be running on the mountain using tree trunks to do pushups. The picture of what she did expanded all of the time...ideas were endless.
Email Ricka at firstname.lastname@example.org.
She is so excited to get started here!
One On One -Personal training
B bar classes-A combination of high intensity bar work, bursts of cardio intervals and intense core work, private or small group classes
Outdoor Workouts - She will take you to local trails and parks. Ricka
will show you the way to get a hardcore workout in our gorgeous
Group Workouts - Bring a workout partner with you. It is a great way
to keep motivated and with the program. The support is so important.
At Home Gym Set Up - Ricka will come to your home and help you create a private training space. At the end of your session, She will give you a personalized program.
- My Favorite Breakfast (marthaintraining.wordpress.com)
- my big fat greek yogurt showdown. (backtoherroots.com)
- Fitness PR: FAGE Greek Yogurt (piercemattiepublicrelations.com)