Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Notebook


My friend and fellow blogger Peri came to my house on Friday to help me clean out my closet and put a few worthwhile items on ebay. On Sunday she emailed to ask if I had seen her blue notebook. Of course I hadn't but I promised I would look again . I searched high and low but no notebook.

This morning I woke up early as usual. I checked all my favorites sites on the computer, adsense to see how much I earned yesterday, my blog log to see how many people look at my blog and what they clicked . Of course I looked at google analytics, there I can see how man absolute unique visitors I have. I can see what keywords brought you to my site and a host of other information. Last but not least I checked constant contact. There I can see who opened the email I sent and if the actually clicked the link to open the blog.


My plan was to take Patty P's gliding class, followed by Scott E's boxing class. I hopped in my car at about 8:10am . I hadn't put on my sneakers yet, they were still in the car from yesterday. I usually drive in my socks and put my sneakers on when I get to the gym. I had plenty of time to get to The Gym in Armonk for an 8:30 am class.
I pull out of my driveway and start down the road, out of the corner of my eye I see a notebook. May I remind you since Friday, it has snowed and the wind has been blowing like crazy and its a blistering 18 degrees . I pull my car over to the side of the road, my sneakers are still not on , I am wearing socks though. I pick up the slightly muddy notebook.
I couldn't believe it Peri's notebook. I know she will be so happy. I look for my cell phone. I was sure I had it with me. I always have my phone. I can't find it. I am sure it is one of my 18 bags that is in my car. I'm driving, I'm looking, I can't find my phone. I pull the car over yet again. I start emptying the bags. No phone.

It's already 8:25am my prospects of making the gym are quickly diminishing. I turn the car around , go back home, there on the counter plugged into its charger is my cell phone. Yeah.

Well I never got to The Gym in Armonk.
I called Peri. She was thrilled.
I worked out somewhere else.
Just another typical morning.

No comments: