Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Hamptons It Is Just Beginning

It was hard to tell we are in the middle of a recession if you were at the Palm East Hampton Restaurant this past Saturday night. It was packed. We entered the charming Restaurant and Inn as we have countless times before over my last 20 plus years of summering in The Hamptons. As always, we were greeted warmly by Tomas Romano, General Manager, maitre'd or master of ceremonies. Needless to say, there would be a wait. I happen to like the wait as long as it as not to long. It is the perfect opportunity for an ice cold martini, and to catch up with friends.... and my favorite activity, people watching.



.

As our party approached the crowded bar, we couldn't help but notice that there we two seats set for dinner, marked by a reserve sign. Still, it was only available space at the bar. I was only going to stand there to order drinks. As I ordered, Renee Zellweger entered wearing a trench coat and carrying a coveted gold Chanel Bag. Who was the lucky, handsome gentleman with whom she was dining, I wondered? I stepped out of the way but couldn't help myself from stealing a peak every now and then. The next thing I knew, Renee was chatting with none other than Mark Counselos and Kelly Ripa. Being that it is only May, I think this summer has got a lot of promise.









No comments: