Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Crispy Crunchy Kale Chips «

I have been trying to get more kale, well maybe not more kale,but kale into my diet.  So when my friend@gooddirt tweeted about that she was making kale chips i immediately tweeted her for the recipe.  Tomorrow, I am going to try this.

Crispy Crunchy Kale Chips

April 23, 2009 by Meghan Telpner
Yes. In case you were wondering, I did use the word ‘woodier’ in my video. So I a make up words on the fly. Who doesn’t?
Denise Huxtable isn’t the only one who loves kale. I do too! And I have quite a bit left over post cleanse, so I have done what I love to do with kale. Make chips.  Kale chips are usually the first thing I plunk down on the table for the guests of my Healthy Meal Prep Workshop (psst- next one is May 10th). I do this because they are amazingly healthy and surprisingly delicious- even to people that are not kale lovers like Denise and I.
I had better not need to get into the health benefits of green vegetables at this point. Seriously. I better not. Buuuuuut, what you might be interested in is my little video from Everdale farm on how kale grows- from seed to harvest to market to my kitchen.
Ready. Set. Simple recipe and pretty kale chip pictures.img_58901
img_5889
Kale Chips
1 bunch of kale
2 Tbs olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tsp salt
  • Preheat oven to 200
  • Wash kale thoroughly and let dry
  • Tear kale away from stem. Each kale leaf should be torn into about 6 or eight pieces
  • Place kale, salt, olive oil and lemon into a bowl and mix together with your hands, gently massaging the kale with the oil, lemon and salt
  • Lay kale out on a cookie sheet or pizza pan
  • Place in over and set timer for 30 minutes
  • At 30 minutes, remove from oven and gently unstuck kale from pan if it has stuck and replace for another 10-15 minutes until kale is dry and crispy
  • Allow to cool. Can store in fridge for up to a week
Crispy Crunchy Kale Chips « Making Love In The Kitchen

No comments: