Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mariani's Cafe


Sometimes I don't really want to share all my favorite places. Mariani's Cafe in Armonk, NY http://www.marianigardens.com/index.asp is one of them. There are only a few tables,maybe eight in total. In the midst of this luxurious garden center, where you are surrounded by unique finds of rare and unusual trees and shrubs, annuals, perennials, statuary, fountains, decorative pottery, garden & home décor; as well as knowledgeable, artistic consultations and landscape design, Mariani Cafe provides a respite with its assorted menu and drinks. The café is managed by Chris Hill, who holds the wonderful title of director, food and floral. Chris greets me every time ever so warmly. Its the type a place you want to go and stay all day,but there is a business to run. While there I have spotted television's Judge Judy and her family enjoying the atmosphere. The light bill-of-fare at bustling Mariani Café includes such changing specialties as: freshly prepared crepes; design-your-own omelet with choice of fillings; crisp daily salads like Isabelle's fall harvest with spinach, apples, walnuts, raisins and grapes with orange walnut vinaigrette; panini sandwiches such as the prosciutto with roasted peppers, mozzarella and arugula on French baguette; Kobe beef mini-burgers with fries, and a variety of desserts and gelati. Plus, there is a full takeout menu. Did I mention all the baked goods? Don't even let me get started! On my list of favorites, the seared lemon chicken salad, the crêpe w/ spinach, mushroom with grated parmesan cheese ,and the yogurt parfait. So if you see me there just give me the evil eye and I will get up (eventually) and give you my seat!

1 comment:

Barbies4Sale! said...

Hi Stacy. Thanks for the Cafe tip! Now if we can just find a seat after you've told the whole world? lol

Barbie