Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Shaklee – One of Oprah’s Favorite Things

Shaklee- One of Oprah's Favorite Things
By Michelle Eichhorn



Shaklee products are not sold in retail stores. Instead, Shaklee distributors share the health benefits of its more than 200 natural products through local events and on-line. Some of the many fun events I have participated in for my Shaklee business include: A day at Scoop NYC, (a trendy clothing store where we had a table set up on Earth Day 2008), Oprah’s Favorite Things (holiday 07), fairs at Rainbeau Ridge, our awesome local farm cooperative, The Junior League of Northern Westchester’s “In the Kitchen” event, Yoga studio openings, vendor days at my gym “The SawMill Club”, fundraisers for my kids’ school, just to name a few. Shaklee distributors like myself, are known for educating their customers, rather than aggressively selling its products. The natural line of products includes: Green cleaning products, nutrition, skincare and personal care. The products are powerful, safe and effective (just ask Stacy’s housekeeper Joyce about Scour Off, a Comet alternative made from ground cherry pits). The company is committed to producing and selling the highest quality products and does extensive product testing to ensure the products are all safe and effective.

After nearly 20 years as a corporate marketing executive, juggling a career and raising young kids, I made a decision to start a business from home as a means of finding better balance for me and my family. 3 years ago, I joined Shaklee (The #1 natural nutrition company in the U.S.), and launched my Healthy Home, Healthy Planet business. Much to my delight, I found that I could run a business from home and still have time to enjoy my family and personal interests (running, gardening, movies to name a few).
Given the current economic situation, at home businesses are now flourishing, enabling women a chance to capitalize on new career opportunities while being home for their kids. Importantly, they also create an opportunity for women to supplement their families’ incomes and enjoy the tax benefits of an at home business (last year we legitimately wrote off 10% of our house expenditures including home repairs, landscaping, phone, auto loans, etc.).
For me, one of the greatest things about my Shaklee business is that I have been able to share these natural healthy products with my family and friends. As a result, my 11 and 8 year old kids have developed a great appreciation for healthy living, and they like “working” with mom. My business has grown over the past few years, resulting in the need to add new independent distributors to my team to help meet the growing demand for these wonderful natural products.

Great News! Shaklee has been creating financial security for its independent distributors for more than 50 years and is continuing to thrive even in this tough economic climate. Perhaps best of all, no market experience or knowledge of the health industry is needed. Shaklee has all the tools you need to succeed in the booming health field.
For more information about joining me and the opportunities at Shaklee visit
www.shaklee.net/healthyhomeandplanet
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: