Wednesday, June 25, 2008

1/2 a gallon please


I don't have to tell you that gasoline prices are up. I have been paying around $ 4.45 to $4.59 a gallon in Westchester county. On my way to the Hamptons I noticed gas was a little less. A reasonable $4.35 for regular. Regular gas for a regular gal. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Anyway, I was sitting on my boat in East Hampton, NY at the beautiful East Hampton Point Marina www.easthamptonpoint.com . I assume we will be sitting because I fear what the gas will be on the water. The sign on the gas pump was only $2.55. Was it a miracle. I could just imagine trips to Nantucket and Newport. $2.55 is now the price for a 1/2 gallon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stacala,
It's your old friend Shari...just so you can feel a little jealous...gas here for regular was only $3.89...here in the southern town of Richmond, VA just 2 days ago! Love your Blog...keep it up. Since i am far away i can live vicariously thru you. Love ya, Shari