Thursday, June 17, 2010

Have You Been To O2

o2 studio Summer is the perfect opportunity to change up your routine and get reinvigorated.  May I suggest O2 Living in the Yellow Monkey Village in Cross River?  I took a Yoga class there last week and it was fantastic.  The instructor, Jane, was enthusiastic and hands-on, helping me achieve length and balance like never before.  Although I take yoga classes on occasion, you wouldn’t call me a yogi by any stretch of the imagination.
If you feel like you need renewal and want to have a great day, go to O2 Living in the Yellow Monkey Village in Cross River, NY.
To start, go to the cafe and have one of Chef Tom’s green smoothies.
Eating lots of dark leafy greens is the best thing you can do if you want to increase your energy, cleanse your skin, lose weight, and just feel full-on sexy.
When it comes to smoothies, the sky is the limit in terms of what you can put in them, but in the case of green smoothies, it’s best to keep them simple to get the most benefits. Again: fruit; leafy greens; water.
o2 food I know they don’t sound very appetizing, but believe me, they are very good! Yes, they are! You wouldn’t even notice there are greens in the smoothie if it wasn’t for the color.  Trust me -- the flavor of the greens is not noticeable. I know it sounds crazy, but just try! You’ll be happy you did.
Next, take a Yoga Class.  For me, deciding which one to take was difficult, due to the wide range of classes and instructors.  My favorite teacher Alison Aronson gives a hot vinyasa class that is a major work out with lots of schvitzing.  Or you can opt for Jane Beltz’s beginner yoga.   Jane’s hands-on approach will help you get into positions you never thought possible.
Before you leave, why not have a massage?  You know you want one.  I am a deep tissue girl.   This invigorating full body treatment involves rapid warming strokes to prepare muscles for deeper kneading and tension release. Moderate to strong pressure and a variety of innovative techniques are used to focus on specific areas of tension.
I have to say before the massage, my body ached from a poor night’s sleep.  My son is home from college.  I don’t have to tell you that I haven’t slept well since he got home.
After the massage I felt ready to take on the world again.
Next, enjoy lunch in the Live Food Cafe.  Raw food.  I always wanted to try it. Well. . .not really.
Since, it was a gorgeous day, I opted to dine alfresco. What a treat. This was the most delicious, innovative food I had tasted in a long time. Every bite of food was filled with rich, fresh flavors.  The food is organic, fresh, innovative, exciting, and delicious.
My day would have been complete except there was a product line calling my name.  Bath products, scrubs, potions, creams, all screaming my name.  Everything organic, clean and divine.  A few scrubs, exfoliates and I was out the door.
o2 products Go to O2, take a class, have a massage or a facial, try a smoothie, eat lunch, try their products.
What are you waiting for?

No comments: